Tuesday 17 December 2013

Getting Started...

I have the tools, now I need the
target to aim for!
It feels like I've been turning Ruin Raiders over and over in my head for quite some time now. I've got a lot of ideas and I've had some good chats with some helpful people. It's easy to stay at that stage, just keep it as a little mental exercise where it's safe (and the players can't break it).

It was time to make a move.

I know I don't function well without a deadline to define the scope of my projects, so that was my first priority. I had to sit here with hardly any props organised and no rules written and take the big step of scheduling my 1st event. Without that I'd get this properly under development.

I'm sticking to home ground for my first run, the local RPG convention at Edinburgh University is Conpulsion. The theme this year is Innovation and I think that rather suits my little gaming experiment.

I'm all set for the Saturday morning slot as people are arriving and starting to get registered. Fingers crossed that means there are people wandering around with 15-20 mins to spare to do a Ruin Raid.

The second step?

Oh, that was telling people I'd booked a slot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment